Ponder Haven
Food. Travel. Random Thoughts.

Tokyo Cafe - Not Your Ordinary Japanese Cuisine

Label(s): , , , ; Posted By Ry

I was a bit surprised to know that there's a newly opened branch of Tokyo Cafe in SM Megamall. Glad to know they're now expanding. Japanese food is not my favorite; but hey, this isn't just another sushi house! In fact, they don't have sushi. Most of the food here are Western but are cooked the Japanese way.
cozy modern Japanese setting
 
Our visit to Tokyo Cafe won't be complete without Creamy Ebiko Pasta. It's not tagged as a "Must Try" on their menu but it's actually their best seller.
really creamy; "ebi" means shrimp
 
Chicken(s) in a Basket for added protein after a strenuous workout in the gym.
served hot, served newly fried
 
Matcha is good.
Matcha - Japanese Green Tea Shake
 
I really like their Iced Chocolano. It is served unsweetened. Syrup is separated so you can adjust the level of sweetness depending on your taste bud. This is nice for those on a diet.
my beverage and dessert in one
 
Their crepes also taste really good and are also worth the order. We haven't had any for this session though.
 
What else to try? I guess it would be Coffee. After all, it's Tokyo Cafe :D
 
Branches as of this writing:
SM Mall of Asia
SM North Edsa
Mckinley Hill Piazza
SM Megamall
Cybergate Plaza (?)
 

3 non-violent reactions so far.

  1. KringSaria February 10, 2011 at 9:43 AM
    I'll take your review with a grain of salt. I have my own misadventures with Tokyo Cafe. But the little (or not-so little) mishaps of the staffs, are taken lightly once the food comes in!! Thanks Ry
    -KRING
  2. Ry February 10, 2011 at 9:51 AM
    i need interpreter!! :))

    kring, care to share the mishap? mejo cold pa ang treatment ng staff sa megamall compare to other branches. maybe because bago pa lang cla, ill give them a chance
  3. KringSaria February 10, 2011 at 10:37 AM
    That's the thing, they aren't endearing towards their customers. You ask for something and it comes a day after that sorta thing. I mean the place isn't that packed yet (or so I believe). And these impressions sticks to you like glue, lasting. Even a redemption of the recent good dining experience there again won't erase.

    BUT.. The food is great, so I sit there, eat my pride a little and wait 'till the waitress wakes me up for my awesome order!

Post a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...